Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pattern testing-Castle Applique by FABulous Home Sewn

One of the fun things I've recently discovered on Facebook are groups for crafters, like the one I mentioned last week and one for Peek-A-Boo Pattern Shop.  I've been able to connect with SO many crafty people and have really gotten my creative juices flowing, I'm trying not to join TOO many, as I find myself spending too much time chatting and seeing things other people are making rather than actually making things myself, BUT the few I'm in are seriously awesome. A few weeks ago, Fenna of FABulous Home Sewn asked in one of the groups if a few people would be willing to test out her first applique pattern that she was releasing! I was so excited to get to help-I have a strange liking for applique, and anytime I can try out something new instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing I'm totally game ;-)  She created two different castle applique designs, aren't they cute?? 

Photo by FABulous Home Sewn
I decided to try mine out on a baby bodysuit to be given as a gift for a friend who just had a little boy.  It turned out great! Her tutorial was easy to follow and had some great pictures to help you along the way.  I feel silly that I never got to take any decent photos, we had crummy weather for a few days so this shot in my foyer was the best I could get (please excuse the tiny feet). Maybe once the recipient can fit into this I can get a cute picture of him in it to show it off better :)



The only thing I wish I'd done differently was to put stabilizer on the backside of the bodysuit, it wound up a bit wavy without it, but I was being a slacker so I skipped that step...shame on me!

Head on over to Fenna's blog post about it to see some other pictures from the other testers. I LOVE the tote bag version! If you want to pick this pattern up for yourself, she has it for sale at Craftsy, here


  

No comments:

Post a Comment